Sunday, March 12, 2017



WELCOME!!!

Hi! I'm so excited to start blogging about our awesome portfolio project and my own experiences with my teammates. This is gonna be interesting to say the least...in a good and bad way.

Before I start talking about the progress I've made, I wanted to introduce myself. My name's Sofia and I'm currently a senior in Cypress Bay High. I looooooove watching movies. I feel like they're a way to escape reality and experience new emotions, maybe ones we've never experienced before. It amazes me that I can feel the pain and heartache of Julia Robert's character in Notting Hill  as she asks Hugh Grant's character to love her, even though I've never experienced such heartache.

Anywayyyyys, my teammates and I met up this week during class to discuss where our starting point should be. I, obviously, love romantic comedies/ dramas, and most of my teammates agreed with me. After some random googling and seeing  statistics  about our chosen genre, we realized that dramas bring in a good amount of revenue and is very highly praised, especially a good drama movie, in the US.

I still have more research to get done, but I'll be back soon with my latest finding.

Until then, keep watching!


References:

Most popular movie genres in North America by total box office revenue from 1995 to 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars). (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/188658/movie-genres-in-north-america-by-box-office-revenue-since-1995/

No comments:

Post a Comment