Saturday, March 18, 2017


Progress!

Hi! I’m so happy because my group and I have started to have some great ideas for the film. Not going to lie, I was a little worried with the timing and production of the piece, but I think we can really make this happen. Last time we met, we were discussing the main, overall concept of what we wanted to do. Yesterday in class we met again and we started planning our schedule - when we’re going to film, edit, blog, meet up, turn it in, etc.- and we discussed the storyboard more as well.

So far, one of my team members, and myself, is going to be out for a whole week, so we have to film next week to fit everyone’s schedule accordingly. On Wednesday, after school, we’re going to start recording - or that’s the plan so far. Our schedule is obviously subject to change, but with less than three weeks to have this project done, we need to start recording soon. So far are schedule is as follows:

3/21: Meet up with group - finished storyboard
3/22 : Start Filming
3/23: Meet up with group
3/25-26: Film
3/27: Meet with group - discuss techniques
3/29: Film
3/31- 4/2: Finish filming
4/4: Edit film
4/6: Edit Film
4/8: Turn in project

We agreed that are critical reflection would be on our own time, so we didn’t add it to our schedule.

When we started discussing the storyboard, one member thought of keeping the main character’s face hidden throughout the opening to add “suspense,” and even though I understand the message they are trying to convey, this might hurt us in the long run. Another member thought that a voiceover could help us and would tell the main character’s story perfectly. I agree with this member a lot, actually. I just came back from watching Beauty and the Beast, and I was seeing how the voice over really helped to clear up the plot and any “plot holes” that could’ve resulted. I thought of two ways we would use the voice over:
  1. As he is sitting in the police cell (present), the voice over would “reverse the clock” so we go back to the beginning and tell the story from a specific point in time.
  2. As he sits in the police car, his voice over is explaining his current situation and we only see snippets of his past - to add mystery to the story.
The third way is that we have no voice over and the audience is a third party to the movie. I think a voice over would benefit us and help fill in any missing holes for the production.

I’m going to start looking up films with voice-over openings actually and post about my findings tomorrow.

Until then, keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment